How do we move from "talking about it" to "being about it?" How do we move our values and beliefs about racial equity from personal commitments to collective action for change?
You are cordially invited to join a learning and design space hosted by PSESD and The National Equity Project.
Our liberatory design lab will build on our region's collective commitment to lead with racial equity by offering a collaborative space for learning, reflecting and healing and moving forward with the beautiful and challenging work of integrating racial equity into our educational systems.
Event information can be found on pdEnroller, please register your team for the series by contacting Leila Crist at firstname.lastname@example.org. All labs will be at the PSESD office in Renton in the Duwamish Room.
This design lab will be a space where you can:
- Learn about and practice Liberatory Design, a collaborative approach to interrupt patterns of systemic inequities and to create more opportunities for greater belonging and justice for all.
- Strengthen equity mindsets and behaviors while building skill and capacity to identify and design solutions to your organization's equity challenges.
- Engage in collective problem-solving with colleagues from other districts and organizations who share a commitment to centering values related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice.
- Road Map district teams of 3-6 members register for free, sponsored by The Gates Foundation.
- District or organization teams of 3-6: $2000 per team.
- Teams that include at least one Youth, Parent or Community Leader of Color: $1500 per team.
Lab 1: June 22, 2023 | 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Lab 2: August 22, 2023 | 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Lab 3: August 24, 2023 | 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Click on the Flyer for more information