There are numerous resources that can help you explore how to make small and large changes on your campus or organization. The external evaluation of Project Finish Line generated new knowledge about how to nurture a “culture of completion” on college campuses. The reports provide insights into how to improve student completion through collaboration among diverse campus departments, including student services, institutional research, financial aid, information technology and instruction.
Project Finish Line Reports
There are also resources that address campus policies and practices that support students in meeting their goals:
- Beyond Financial Aid is a toolkit designed to help two and four-year institutions close attainment gaps for low-income students. BFA expands the concept of “financial supports” for college beyond grants, scholarships and loans and describes six college-tested strategies for helping low-income students overcome the significant challenges.
- Community College Research Center produces working papers, research reports, practitioner packets and other resources aimed at promoting student success, including a list of Frequently Asked Questions about enrollment, completion and financial aid. Housed at Columbia University, the Research Center has been a leader in the field of community college research and reform for over 20 years.
- State Board for Community and Technical Colleges Student Success Center assists Washington’s community and technical college system to create a coherent, statewide framework to align and integrate various student success initiatives, grounded in developing student-centered colleges, clear educational pathways and broad-scale reform. The website’s Resource page includes links to additional national organizations addressing student success, including Achieving the Dream, the American Association of Community and Technical Colleges and Jobs for the Future.
We have also created a glossary with terms related to completion.
Staff Resources to Guide Planning and Outreach Efforts
EAB’s Chutes and Ladders infographic show the many barriers that students encounter throughout college experience. This section of the Toolkit offers examples of practical materials designed for college and community-based organization staff interested in improving supports for all students hoping to complete college. These resources include:
- Completion Coaching Orientation Guide
- Completion Referral Flow Chart
- Communications Planning Template
- Position Descriptions for Completion Staff at Community and Technical Colleges
- Sample Emails and Phone Scripts Registration Campaigns
- Sample Letters Retention Campaign
- United Way Benefits Hub
- Completion Coaching Tracking Template
This content and its components are offered for informational purposes. By accessing and using these resources, we are asking that you refrain from:
- Reproducing documents for commercial use or use outside of its intended purpose
- Use of documents for monetary purposes
- Use of documents for unlawful purposes or promotion of illegal activities
- Modifying documents to provide false or inaccurate information
Some of these materials may contain links to third party websites as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties. These links are provided as a courtesy and we have no control over content or information on those sites. Please contact us if you or your organization have any usage or other questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.