King County Promise Vision: All youth of color and other historically underserved young people, receive high-quality support to choose, pursue and succeed in their postsecondary path. Substantial system capacity is built across K-12, higher education, and communities to ensure more equitable support. Our institutions make significant improvements to coordinate, align, and simplify the journey to completion. Demonstrate to the state the programming, evidence-based practices, and staffing levels needed to achieve high postsecondary enrollment and success rates
In keeping with this vision, PSCCN holds a series of community engagement events to inform, consult, involve, and collaborate with Districts, CTCs, CBOs, students, and community leaders. Please see information on upcoming and past events below.
Phase 1 Readiness Work Session- Fundraising & Financial Commitments: Please join PSCCN for the final Phase 1 Readiness Work Session on Monday, TBD where we will dive deep into the fundraising and financial commitments for King County Promise. Register here.
King County Promise RFP Feedback Session:
1. Provide important feedback to King County DCHS on the upcoming release of the King County Promise (KCP) Request for Proposals (RFP). We are inviting feedback on the development of the RFP is welcomed in 2 ways:
- Sign up and attend an RFP Feedback Session via Zoom on Thursday, October 7th from 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm: Register here and, or
- Fill out this brief survey to share your thoughts by 5 pm Monday, October 11, 2021
2. To be added to the email list for updates, an official announcement on this RFP, or PSTAA-related funding, please visit this link.
Small & BIPOC-led CBO Engagement Sessions (Co-hosted by The Equity in Education Coalition): PSCCN is partnering with the Equity in Education Coalition to conduct special engagement sessions with leaders of small and BIPOC-led Community Based Organizations that serve King County high school students, CTC students, and Opportunity Youth. CBOs have an opportunity to partner with school districts and CTCs to form King County Promise Partnerships. These sessions will be focused on providing information tailored for small and BIPOC-led organizations to better prepare CBO leaders for the Fall 2021 RFP launch. Register for sessions here:
- Session 1: Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm; Register here.
- Session 2 (Tentative): Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm; Registration TBA
Phase 1 Readiness Work Sessions - These optional, work sessions are open to all. Dive into specific components of King County Promise Phase 1, and get ready for applying before the Fall 2021 RFP launch.
- Session 1: Advising Support & Strategies + Video + PDF Slides
- Session 2: System-Level Strategies + Video + PDF Slides
- Session 3: Promise Partnerships + Video + PDF Slides
Youth Listening Sessions (Co-hosted by The Equity in Education Coalition): PSCCN has partnered with the Equity in Education Coalition (EEC) to host Youth Listening Sessions to:
- Share information about King County Promise;
- Listen and learn from experiences tied to postsecondary transition;
- Gather feedback on how to support the implementation of Phase 1 of King County Promise.
- More information on Youth Listening Session learnings to come.
- Session 1
- Session 2
Information and Feedback Sessions - Information and Feedback Sessions: The PSCCN team discusses specific strategies behind King County Promise; these talk-back sessions were to help inform King County Promise Phase 1.
- Session 1: Video + PDF Slides
- Session 2: Video + PDF Slides
- King County Promise 101 August Update: Video + PDF Slides